Water Resource Site Information for Flint
May 6, 2016
Flint residents now have five convenient options closer to home to receive bottled water, filters, replacement cartridges and at-home water testing kits, according to the Michigan State Police, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division
Flint residents can go to any of the following locations to obtain water supplies:
- Ward 1 – Genesee County Land Bank, Ross Plaza, 2320 Pierson Road
- Ward 3 – Antioch Missionary Baptist Church-Owned Property, 1401 E. Stewart Ave.
- Ward 6 – West Court Street Church of God, 2920 W. Court St.
- Ward 7 – Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Road
- Ward 9 – Genesee County Land Bank, Eastown Bowl Bowling Alley, 3001 S. Dort Highway
The hours of operations for these community sites are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: Noon – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday: Noon – 8 p.m.
Flint residents now have the ability to recycle empty water bottles and used water filter cartridges at Community Water Resource Sites above.
Water filters and replacement cartridges continue to be available Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services office, 125 E. Union St., Flint, MI 48502
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services office, 4809 Clio Road, Flint, MI 48504
- Genesee County Community Action Resource Department office, 2727 Lippincott, Flint, MI 48507
- Genesee County Community Action Resource Department office, 601 N. Saginaw, Flint, MI 48502
- Flint City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw St., Flint, MI 48502
Residents are urged to use filtered water for drinking, food preparation, brushing teeth and watering pets. Unfiltered water may be used for bathing and cleaning.