Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed


Bay County Resident Flood Relief

The federal government recently issued a national disaster declaration for mid-Michigan due to recent flooding. As part of this declaration, both the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Small Business Administration (SBA) are now accepting applications for relief in Bay County. Individuals in Bay County seeking assistance due to the flooding may now apply for grants with FEMA and loans through the SBA.

If you are a Bay County resident or business owner who has had structural damage caused by the recent flood waters, or had flood waters inside their home or business, you must register with FEMA and SBA before October 2, 2017, to apply for benefits completing a flood damage application. This includes physical damage as simple as a damaged carpet, or larger structural damage. Additionally, it includes any economic impacts like paying for a hotel or loss of work.

To contact FEMA for assistance, please visit or call 1-800-621-3362 (voice, 711 or VRS-Video Relay Service; TTY 800-462-7585.)

If you need help in another way, do not hesitate to contact my office in Flint at 810-238-8627.